But that is all the two instruments have in common. The different age of the instruments is also considerable, as the clarinet was already invented 140 years before the saxophone. The saxophone first became famous for its use in Jazz. And something else: there is not just one saxophone. In fact there are more than 10 variations. From big to small. From bass to tenor saxophone and from alto to sopranino saxophone. They all sound different.
And if there was only a single type of saxophone it would sound different with every musician. That is the fascinating point about this instrument.
In our small anniversary issue UNCOMPRESSED WORLD Vol. V we have tried to capture this variety of sound. Many months were spent in the selection and combination of suitable artists and recordings.The result is a collage of outstanding quality in every piece. Just relax and enjoy the full range of possibilities the saxophone offers.
Danh sách bài hát album “Uncompressed World – Vol.5”:
- Dirk Blümlein Terzett – Trees
- Cologne Saxophone Quintet – Sie sieht mich nicht
- Meike Goosmann Quintet – I wanna play
- David Friedman/Peter Weniger – O Grande Amor
- Phil Stöckli Quintet – Source Nature
- Charlie Mariano – Naima
- Martin Ehlers Trio feat. Herb Geller – Reunion
- Tian et al/Christian Korthals – Echo from the past
- Torsten Kamps – Bossa Cuarenta Y Tres
- Michael Kiedaisch – Zerbrechlich
- Joerg Reiter/Klaus Graf – Eternity
- André Cimiotti – Breeze of home
- Initiative H. – The way of the sun
- Klaus Graf Quartett – Far and Near
- Fred Hormain – Temporary Universe